Founded in March 2019, our hub
started out with eight interpreter booths and a control room. Today, the hub has 14 booths and 3 control rooms and is capable of hosting 28 interpreters and 8 remote events simultaneously.
There is also a classified area with a separate entrance for private events.
RSI (Remote Simultaneous Interpretation) hub in Milan
Founded in March 2019, our hub
In the heart of Milan, in its Tortona/ Savona/Dezza events hub, a city district packed with the widest possible variety of restaurants, cafés, bakeries and leisure facilities.
A stone’s throw away from two M2 Metro Line stations connecting directly to the central station in under 20 minutes.
And the planned M4 Metro Line, with its direct connections to Milan’s Fashion District and Linate airport, is just opposite.
It is just 6 tram stops to the Duomo.
We take care of you: with all the technology and assistance that today’s interpreter needs, but also
a whole range of comforts designed to increase your well-being throughout your stay here.
A comfortable, modern, and welcoming environment in which everything – down to the finest detail – is taken care of, for the well-being of those working here or just passing through.
Greenery and space reign supreme. There is a lounge area for you to concentrate or relax in before and after a long job or use for a last minute briefing with your team. On the other hand, those preferring to relax before work can take advantage of these spaces to have a chat with colleagues or do a little networking and make new contacts.
All this and much more in the hub with the city’s highest number of interpreters.
Acoustically treated common areas, both inside and outside booths.
Air treatment and monitoring with a purifier and fan designed to counteract pollutants and spread purified air throughout the room, in accordance with HEPA H13 standards. It is silent and does not disturb during events.
Our main mission is to look after your hearing but your other senses are impor- tant too. For your aromat- ic well-being we diffuse Pranarom aromas, from a leading scientific and med- ical aromatherapy labora- tory working in this sector since 1991.
Hygiene and disinfection. All environments and devices are sanitized before and after each use: booths, headsets, microphones, consoles, keyboards and everything else present in the booth.
Treat yourself to a relaxing break in the refreshment area with its excellent coffee, with our without caffein, and ginseng, purified water, teas, and herbal infusions.
And a drop of good organic honey from our adopted beehives too.
We do not use disposable materials. Our cups, glasses and jugs are made of glass, to reduce our impact on the environment.
Our pods are compostable and packaged in recyclable paper.
Our bathrooms towels are made of cotton and can be reused.
For those spending the whole day at the hub, we have a kitchenette with a microwave oven, refrigerator, and juicer in it.
For the smarter chefs among you, there is also an air fryer and a breadmaker.
Different arrangements for different types of services: our booths are specially fitted out for each individual event, meaning that you can work from both the hard console and directly on the computer via the soft console.
We have a vocal booth setup for dubbing and voice-overs.
A ceiling lamp with wireless light intensity, colour, and heat adjustment. Individual table lamp.
Power strip with two universal and two USB sockets.
High speed wired and Wi-Fi internet connections.
Shared copy station with stationery, printer, scanner, and document shredder.
Dual interpreter console.
Gooseneck microphone or lightweight headset for classic interpretating.
Large diaphragm studio microphone or broadcast-style headset for voice-over or TV broadcasting and streaming.
Single or double 27” monitor with HDMI socket to connect your own PC up to.
USB sound card for use with the soft console or your PC.
Audio and video signal transmission takes place mainly over the IP network via Dante® and NDI® protocols.
This allows us total flexibility and unrivalled configuration and recovery speeds.
- Five Allen&Heath (SQ5 and SQ6) digital audio desks with Dante®
- One 64×64 Allen&Heath Matrix/signal processor
- Two DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations)
- Four video workstations with VMix software
- Two audio/video editing workstations with full Adobe CC® suite
- Eight Tascam multi-channel Dante® recorders
- Devices are updated constantly and replaced when necessary, with an eye to future protocols.
- We also have multiple NDI®, SRT and RTMPencoders and decoders, as well as proprietary equipment for the transmission of certain dedicated services, updated constantly to stay in step with the times.
- Guaranteed business-grade optical fibre main connection.
- Gu aranteed,business-grade optical fibre secondary connection on different providers.
- Services that cannot tolerate even minimal interruptions are automatically redundant in active-active mode on both connections (bonding). Any down in a connection or one of the two providers is imperceptible.
- Service connections are in fail-over mode: in the event of a connection down, flow is diverted to a backup connection.
- The hub’s main gateway, the most sensitive part of the network, is redundant: a second firewall router fail-over automatically intervenes where necessary, via a VRRP protocol.
- In addition to automatic procedures, where necessary connectivity is diverted to 4G communication devices or a Starlink satellite connection.
- If required for compliance purposes, one of our dedicated public IPs or IPSEC point-to-point VPN connections can be used.
- The RSI hub internal networks are VLANs isolated from others (for example, the Wi-Fi for interpreters or guests is not directly connected to the control network or the office network).
- Booths, control rooms and network infrastructure are powered by a single 10 kW three-phase UPS which guarantees operational continuity for at least 45 minutes in the event of a blackout.
- The UPS’ supplier, Eaton®, is a sector leader.
- In the event of failure, the UPS itself is equipped with automatic and manual bypasses, ensuring it does not become a single point of failure itself.
- In the unlikely event of a prolonged blackout, a 7kW generator can be activated to maintain essential services.
Full-duplex communication with external locations.
- For connections with external locations,
we use equipment that is directly and automatically interconnected with the RSI hub.
- The devices installed in our locations natively incorporate one or more 4G cellular modems and can link up to wired connections in locations and potentially also to Wi-Fi.
- All connections available at the location are used simultaneously to ensure service in virtually all circumstances, if necessary via connection bonding.
- The connection between our on-site devices and the RSI Hub® is encapsulated in a VPN encrypted with 256-bit AES, guaranteeing the security of the data in-transit, i.e. during transport.
More than just a connection.
We are always here for you.
The hub is manned constantly by dedicated reception staff and at least one technician per department: audio, video and IT.
You get on with interpreting and we’ll take care of the rest.
For more private events, our hub
has a private control room equipped with two 2-seater booths.
All facilities are fully isolated from the main hub network.
The area has everything you need for
a working day: coffee machine,
kettle, mini-bar, water cooler and privatebathroom. The entrance is also separate, ensuring that those working in it do not necessarily have to pass through the hub, a total privacy guarantee.
Each booth is equipped with professional interpretation equipment (ISO 20109:2016): ISO compliant interpreter console, 27” full-HD display (single monitor in single-desk booths and double monitor in double-desk booths), professional gooseneck microphone or professional headset microphone, professional headphone.
Every device is connected to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) that guarantees at least a 45-minute runtime in case of a power outage and protects every device from power surges. The UPS can also handle UPS failures via an automatic internal power bypass.
Latest generation and redundant technologies according to careful backup strategies. UPS, multiple and bonded connectivities, dual hardware, A/V recording protocol.