The Italian remote Interpreting and BYOD platform
Simultaneous translation and audio streaming on smartphones, cloud and offline.
Converso® is one of the most flexible platforms around for simultaneous translation and audio streaming on smartphones. Audio is sent to the cloud or to on-site audiences with or without an internet connection, or in hybrid mode.
Regardless of the connection available, whether Wi-Fi or 3G/4G, the Converso® Android and iOS app allows you to receive audio via Internet. The app can also be used with local Wi-Fi where the Internet connection is unsuitable. Listen with your browser, or even on your phone. The app is open to all, simple and intuitive to use. It can also be customised with the logo and colours of your event.
Converso® is also the only platform that comes with custom-built plug'n'play hardware. This makes for an immediate, user-friendly service (for those less proficient), which is also stable and secure (for professional users).
Last but not least, all Converso® services come with bespoke technical assistance. We make sure the terminals at the event meet the technical requirements for local and remote locations, speakers taking part via link-up and remote interpreters, to name a few.
In March 2019, the first RSI Converso® hub opened for business in Milan. It has up to 8 interpreting booths, and an 8-seater videoconference room.
Every combination of methods can be used, allowing you to manage complex events with a hybrid approach. In fact, we are first and foremost a system integrator and service provider that specialises in a tailor-made approach, as well as managing a software platform.
Converso® can also be used in situations beyond interpreting. These include:
- Audio input in headsets, or silent meetings: a silent conference where the speakers’ voices are not heard in the room itself, but are instead transmitted to headsets. The perfect solution for running more than one conference concurrently in a single open space.
- Multilingual cinema: the same film can be shown in more than one language at a single screening.
- Audio-video synchronisation: the audio for a video can be played on headsets (including in a variety of languages) at art exhibitions or trade fairs.
- Guided tours for groups: unlike ordinary radio tour-guide systems, the guide talks into the transmitter app (Tourcast®) and the group listens on the Converso® app.
Send a no-obligation request for more information. Just fill out the form and we will get in touch as soon as possible.
Fields marked with (*) are obligatory.
◦ app and smartphone replace traditional receivers;
◦ interpreters can work in the booth as normal, with a console etc., or remotely;
◦ a local Wi-Fi network can be used for transmission, meaning it can even be used when there is no Internet connection; alternatively audio can be sent to the cloud via Internet using any kind of connection, be it Wi-Fi or mobile data;
◦ ideal for traditional events in a set location, it allows businesses to save on renting receivers and logistical costs for trade fair staff, distribution areas, queues and mislaid equipment.
◦ all those involved in the event, such as interpreters, speakers and audiences, can be in different locations;
◦ interpreters operating remotely can all work together in a hub (preferred option) using booths and consoles. Alternatively, they can work separately using the virtual console on a PC.
◦ designed primarily as an add-on for videoconferencing systems;
◦ in a conference call, board meeting or videoconference for a committee holding a meeting in several locations using the client’s videoconference platform: interpreters link up with the videoconference on mute and contemporarily transmit the simultaneous translation on the Converso® app, so only attendees who need the service actually use it.
◦ telephone interpreting, a last resort when all or some of the participants only have access to a telephone line;
◦ participants call a local telephone number, but interpreters work from the hub, or using the virtual console;
◦ the routing of audio signals (floor and languages) is managed by Converso® in conjunction with a VOIP telephone infrastructure.